Saturday 7 March 2015

Room 3 - Swimming Sports and Crazy Hair Day

Room 3 has had a very busy 2 weeks with Swimming Sports and a Crazy Hair day to raise money for Child Cancer. It was great to see a good turnout of parents at these events.

Here is what Sammy Jefferis had to say about the Swimming Sports at Te Kauwhata College.-

As soon as I arrived at the 50x20m. swimming pool I felt nervous. I was the fist Waerenga Student to walk through the gate but it was embarrassing because almost everyone was staring at me including all the T.K. kids. I felt like a star that day because I was in the Grand Relay for the Year 5's. I think I swam the fastest I've ever swam. I swam in 7 events and came first in 3 of them. It was a fun-packed day with Mum and my friends. I even met some of my team mates from my Rugby team. The Swimming Sports were a lot of fun.

Congratulations to Sammy and Kate Wallace who represented the School at Ngatea and have now got into the Hauraki Plains team.

No comments:

Post a Comment